Tuesday, August 20, 2019

THE SWEET TASTE OF A LOW PRICE TURNS SOUR QUICKLY


When I go shopping I don’t normally let price dominate my decisions on what I'm going to buy.
Of coarse price factors into my decision, it but it’s not the main reason I base the decisions.
I buy quality, I buy what I want, and I buy what is going to last a long time, I’m always
thinking long term. Unfortunately, I recently made a purchase based solely on price, and
wow did it end up costing me. I enjoy scuba diving as a hobby, I’ve been diving for years
and finally decided to go for my certification. I purchased all the necessary gear and I did
so based on quality, comfort, longevity, and function. I’m extremely happy with my
purchase. I already owned a wetsuit so didn’t buy one at the time. When it came
time to make my open water dives, I was told the water was cold and it would be best if
I wore an extra thick wetsuit. I don’t own one and didn’t really want to spend the money
on one as they can be expensive. So i was going to be smart and buy one online, based on
the price of coarse. All my other gear I purchased from a dive shop and relied on their expertise,
and like I said I’m extremely happy with all of it. It came time to make my dive. I put on
my new wetsuit and wow was it tight, difficult to put on and very uncomfortable. When
I had someone zip up the back I immediately had them unzip, I couldn’t hardly breath in it. I
bought the correct size but the suit had no give to it. I thought once in the water it would
loosen up. Wrong, I felt like a mummy. 10 minutes underwater and I couldn’t take it anymore,
I just couldn’t breathe in that suit. I surfaced, went in and had to call it a day. I had
my whole Saturday and Sunday planned around those certification dives. Needless to say, I
couldn’t dive at all. That $129 wetsuit ended up costing me so much, in traveling, what I paid
to dive, what I paid the instructor, and so on. Monday morning I went to the dive shop and tried
on a wetsuit with flex and stretch, the same size as the one I bought online. That wetsuit
felt so comfortable, it was easy to put on, and wasn’t restrictive at all. So I bought it. It was $300
plus tax, that’s over twice as much as the first one. Even though I received some credit for
what I already paid I had to pay more to reschedule the dives. In the end, the $171 I thought
I was saving ended up costing me over $600 extra. The lesson is you can never go wrong
with buying quality, buy from an expert, and buying exactly what you need because you get
what you pay for. That lesson should be applied to when you take care of your car as well.

3 comments:

  1. Yep, sorry you had to go through that. What a lot of people do is go to the dive shop get professional help and advise them go online and buy it. It drove me nuts as a dive store owner. Don't be that person,supporting your dive store makes sure you can get advice and or recommendations.

    Leave only bubbles
    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. edc titanium - TITNIA-TINIAN - The International Art Museum
    › museum edge titanium › edc-tit › museum › edc-tit Dec 10, 2019 — Dec 10, 2019 This collection of Art-inspired high-end jewelry is available citizen titanium dive watch on t-shirts, wall-top 예스 벳 prints, souvenirs titanium easy flux 125 and other titanium money clip items for sale. Discover more items at

    ReplyDelete